Truly, we are living in days that contain many uncharted waters as we all are experiencing the absence from our local church fellowship, the Lord’s Day Breaking of Bread and all our other gatherings and outreaches.
With church building doors locked up during this Coronavirus crisis, many have asked how they can continue to financially support their local Assembly and outreaches. If your assembly is a Canadian registered Charity then you can follow these links directly. If it is not a registered charity then contact us at email@example.com first to verify if your Assembly is set up with Gospel Trust Canada.
This note is not intended to lay another burden on your shoulders but is intended for those who have been thinking about how they can continue to make normal or semi-normal offerings to your local Assembly. We don’t know how long it will be before we can resume our normal meetings, so we thought it wise to address this issue for those who are able to give despite the circumstances. This will help your local Assembly meet fixed expenses (i.e. building costs), as well as continue ongoing support to missionary and full-time workers as funds permit.
How to donate directly through Gospel Trust Canada:
- Click on https://www.gospeltrust.ca/worker/assembly-gospel-hall/ [gospeltrust.ca]
- Once you are here, you will be able to enter your donation amount and the assembly name.
- Then click the box “Anonymous” – this will ensure that your donation remains anonymous but will still allow Gospel Trust Canada to send you a tax receipt at the end of the year.
- Then click “Add Donation”. This will add the donation to your cart.
- When brought to the next page, please click “View Cart”. This will show you your donation amount as well as the recipient name (i.e. your Assembly name).
- Then click “Proceed to Checkout”. On this page you will need to fill out your name and address in order to get your charitable donation receipt sent to you at the end of the year. You also will fill in your email address here. You then choose the payment method.
- Depending on the payment method you chose, instructions are given for each one respectively. You may pay by PayPal, credit card, cheque, or an e-transfer.