Gospel Trust Canada (GTC) periodically shares information about GTC with others who react with the expression, “I didn’t know that”. For this reason, we have compiled a list of a few things that you may not know about GTC and the work that is done to support the Lord’s work around the world.
Did you know that …
- Donations to workers, projects and relief funds through GTC (and estates) have steadily increased since 2014 (4.2 million) and exceeded 6 million in 2018
- A recent North American survey concluded that people expect no more than 23% of the money donated to a charity should be used for overhead/administration. The actual charity average is just under 37%. GTC administration costs have consistently been under 2% (excluding additional PayPal fees of approximately 2% when used)
- Of the almost 50 new donors who used GTC since January 2018, 78% of them used PayPal
- GTC is committed to pay all PayPal fees however donors have always generously covered this additional cost
- GTC can accept donations for specific building project funds (e.g. one was recently set up for the purpose of purchasing land to build a new hall for the church in Managua, Nicaragua)
- GTC regularly supports a list of widows from excess admin fees and estate donations
- GTC also uses estate donations to assist with disaster relief, building and renovation projects, support for active and inactive workers etc.